The Pride of Baltimore II tall ship will be returning to Boyne City for a week in mid-August.
The 157-ft. ship will will pass through Round Lake Channel in Charlevoix the morning of Friday, August 16, and will be docked in downtown Boyne City at the 1 Water Street Pier Friday through Wednesday.
The ship will be hosting a number of free deck tours.
You can also sign up for one of five two-hour sails on Lake Charlevoix with an admission fee of $40 for adults and $30 for children ages 12 and under.
The ship has visited Boyne City several times in the past, thanks to a connection with local Realtor Wally Kidd, whose father was one of the founders of the nonprofit organization that built the original Pride replica ship in Baltimore in the 1970s.
Here is a synopsis of the ship’s itinerary in Boyne City:
- Friday, Aug. 16 – Arrives between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Deck tours from 5-8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 17 – Deck tours 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., day sail 3-5 p.m., sunset sail 7-9 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 18 – Coffee with the Captain ($5) from 10-11 a.m., day sail from 3-5 p.m., sunset sail 7-9 p.m.
- Monday – Tuesday, Aug. 19-20 – Ship maintenance and crew R&R.
- Wednesday, Aug. 21 – Deck tours 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., day sail 3-5 p.m., sunset sail 7-9 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 22 – Morning departure for the Tall Ships Festival in Brockville, Ontario.
> Full schedule and links to purchase tickets for the sailing trips on Lake Charlevoix.