PUBLIC WORKS SEASONAL STAFF
Pay Rate: $10.00 per hour (2019)
Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM)
Term: 15 weeks (April through September)
• Performs general clean-up of city parks during the summer season
• Performs routine house-keeping tasks at the public works facility
• Assists the Building Maintenance/Construction staff with a variety of facility projects
• Performs manual labor such as; mowing, shoveling, digging, raking, sweeping, emptying refuse containers, tree & bush trimming, weeding beds, trail maintenance, etc.
• Operates light equipment such as; lawn mowers, string trimmers, etc.
• Operates a ½ ton pick-up truck, or similar class vehicle
• Assists with support for various festivals and special events
• Performs other related duties
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must possess a valid driver’s license with a history that does not create liability concerns for the city
Must be able to stand, walk, sit, squat, reach, lift up to 30 lbs and bend frequently
Must pass a background check & reference check prior to employment
Must supply their own work clothing acceptable to the city
City will furnish all personal protective equipment at no cost for use during employment.
Seasonal Laborers will be provided OSHA approved safety footwear up to a $50 limit
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should email their resume and list of three references to:
Tim Faas (Director of Public Works) at firstname.lastname@example.org on/or before 3:30 PM April 1, 2019.
Alternatively, applicants can drop off their resume and three references at City Hall on/or before 3:30 PM April 1, 2019.
Photo by Pexels.com