This year’s event will be June 22-23rd from 10am-10am at the Shaun Davies Track in Bellaire. We have chosen Board Games as our theme this year.
Relay For Life will bring our communities together to honor individuals who have fought bravely against the merciless disease of cancer.
Survivors, and all those who have been affected by cancer come together to walk, run and camp out around a track to create a united network of support and dedication.
One of the most memorable events during the night is the Luminaria Ceremony, where candles are lit and everyone takes a moment to honor those who have beaten the disease, those who are still fighting, and those who have courageously fought but have lost their lives to cancer.
There will also be live entertainment throughout the day as well as kids games and a movie and pizza party after dark and the Bellaire Fire Dept. will kick off Sunday morning with a Pancake Breakfast.
Many people may not know this, but there are 5 different ways to become involved in Relay For Life:
1. Come to Our Event- Join in on activities, games entertainment and ceremonies and see what Relay is all about.
2. Be honored as a Cancer survivor or Caregiver- Be our guests and join other cancer survivors and caregivers at Relay as we celebrate all survivors and caregivers,
3. Become a Team Captain or Team Member- Join Chain of Lakes Relay For Life and help us fundraise to ensure that we can have a future where no one else has to hear the words “You Have Cancer”.
4. Become an Event Planning member or volunteer- Be a part of the planning process for our Relay For Life event or at the event. Visit www.relayforlife.org for a list of meeting dates and times.
5. Sponsor Our Event- By partnering with the American Cancer Society, you are affiliating with the largest voluntary health organization in the world, and helping honor cancer survivors and support caregivers in our community.
Cancer death rates are dropping, but we’re not out of the woods yet.
You can help us by honoring anyone and everyone touched by this disease by participating.
This disease has taken too much from us.
Let’s take a stand and walk the Relay For Life track together.
If you would like to register as a survivor, start a team or are interested in volunteering or getting more information, please call Syrina Dawson at 231-675-2492 or visit relayforlife.org. There is also an upcoming public meeting on Tuesday, May 14th at 6:30pm at Hello Vino in Bellaire.
Get in the game.
Let’s beat cancer!
Co-Chair Relay for Lie of Antrim and Charlevoix Counties