Munson Medical Center seeks entries in stroke awareness video contest

Munson Medical Center again seeks talented students from area middle and high schools to submit entries for its annual stroke awareness video contest.

Stroke Coordinator Christine Peplinski, R.N., said the 60-second videos are a way to educate the general public about how to recognize stroke symptoms and the importance of calling 9-1-1 when symptoms occur.

“It’s also a good opportunity for students to use their creativity and video skills to benefit their schools,” she said. “We are anticipating a great response similar to past years.”

The contest is open to all sixth-grade through 12th-grade students from northern Michigan schools. Submitting students need to have a sponsoring teacher.

Video submissions must be original and convey the stroke awareness F.A.S.T. message, the need to call 9-1-1, and fit the 60-second timeframe. Submissions may be made between Jan. 5 and April 11 at 11:59 p.m.

Winners will be chosen by a juried panel and announced in May, which is National Stroke Month. Awards are $1,000 for first place, $500 for second place, and $300 for third place. Winning submissions may be used in a regional stroke awareness messaging campaign.

Complete entry requirements and the online registration form can be found at munsonhealthcare.org/strokeawarenesscontest.

Last year’s winning video can be found at munsonhealthcare.stroke.

Related Articles