• Kayla Keane (East Jordan 2015) secured runner-up in the 5,000-meter run at the 50th annual Hillsdale College Gina Relays with a season-best time of 17 minutes, 14.67 seconds for the University of Michigan women’s outdoor track and field program from April 28-30 in Hillsdale. The Wolverines did not compete in the team scoring.
• Chandler Novotny (Charlevoix 2014) is a redshirt freshman for Northwood University, which finished 18th among the field of 19 teams at the NCAA Division II Midwest Super Regional on May 4 in Allendale.
MEN’S TRACK & FIELD
• Tristan Rudolph (Charlevoix 2014) clinched fifth in the 800-meter run (1 minute, 56.93 seconds) and with the 4×400-meter relay (3:35.86) at the Grand Valley State University Al Owens Open for Aquinas College in a fifth-place finish among the field of 10 teams from April 22-23 in Allendale.
• Andrew Plude (Charlevoix 2012) captured fifth in the 800-meter run at the Aquinas College Ernie Mousseau Track and Field Classic with a time of 1:59.19 for Saginaw Valley State University from April 24-25 in Grand Rapids.
From April 30-May 2, the senior followed by ending 19th in the 1,500-meter run at the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Championships with a time of 4:17.04 for the Cardinals in an eighth-place finish among the field of 14 teams in Hillsdale.
• Tevin Larmond (Boyne City 2013) is a junior at sprints for Spring Arbor University, which collected seventh among the field of 10 teams from April 28-29 in Marion, Indiana.
In his most recent effort, he placed ninth in the 200-meter dash (22.97 seconds) and 22nd in the 60-meter dash (7.24 seconds) at the Hillsdale College Wide Track Classic from Feb. 5-6 in Hillsdale.
• Nick Plude (Charlevoix 2015) is a freshman at distance for Saginaw Valley State University.
• Valorie Peters (East Jordan 2015) scored one run at outfield for Lansing Community College (33-15) in a 7-6 loss at home to Kalamazoo Valley Community College (25-11) on April 30 in Lansing.
For the season, the freshman’s compiled six runs scored, three RBIs, one stolen base and a .143 batting average.
• Paige Hornbeck (Boyne City 2015) secured an appearance at outfield for Lansing Community College (33-15) in a 16-6 loss at home to Kellogg Community College (29-11) on April 29 in Lansing.
For the year, the freshman’s totaled five RBIs, three runs scored, one triple and a .095 batting average.
• Paige Podskalny (East Jordan 2014) is a sophomore for Northwood University, which clinched fourth among the field of 12 teams at the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Championships from April 22-24 in Allendale.
WOMEN’S TRACK & FIELD
• Molly Jeakle (Charlevoix 2012) nabbed 33rd in the 5,000-meter run at the University of Virginia Challenge with a time of 16 minutes, 47.53 for Michigan State University from April 22-23 in Charlottesville, Virginia. The meet was not scored.
• Amber Way (Charlevoix 2015) is a freshman at distance for Michigan State University, which secured third among the field of 37 teams at the 50th annual Hillsdale College Gina Relays from April 28-30 in Hillsdale.
In her most recent effort, she clinched the No. 7 performance at the NCAA Division I National Championships by placing 202nd on the 6,000-meter course with a time of 21:39.8 for the MSU women’s cross country program in a 13th-place finish among the field of 31 teams on Nov. 11, 2015.
• Kylie Hicks (Boyne City 2014) clinched fifth in the 400-meter hurdles (1:03.29) and eighth with the 4×400-meter relay (4:00.1) at home in the Grand Valley State University Al Owens Open for the NCAA Division II No. 2 Lakers from April 22-23 in Allendale.
In the sophomore’s most recent performance, she secured eighth in the 400-meter hurdles at the 50th annual Hillsdale College Gina Relays with a time of 1:04.33 for GVSU in a 15th-place finish among the field.
• Kaleigh Beard (East Jordan 2012) collected 17th in the shot put (23 feet, 6.5 inches) and 19th in the discus (81-7.25) at the Crossroads League Championships for Spring Arbor University in a seventh-place finish among the field of nine teams from April 24-25 in Goshen, Indiana. In the competition, the senior followed by ending 22nd in the hammer throw with a launch of 98-1.5.
• Caroline Boss (Charlevoix 2014) nabbed 18th in the 1,500-meter run (4:47.36) and 19th in the 800-meter run (2:20.72) at Al Owens Open for Calvin College from April 22-23 in Allendale.
From April 29-30, the sophomore followed by ending seventh in the 400-meter dash (1:00.55) at home in the Calvin College Tune-Up for the Knights in a runner-up finish among the field of 10 teams in Grand Rapids.
• Kirsten Malpass (East Jordan 2015) finishes the season with a 3-3 overall record in singles play and a 4-10 mark in doubles action for Lake Superior State University, which collected a 6-3 triumph at Spring Arbor University (13-7) on March 30 in Spring Arbor.
In the competition, the freshman captured a 6-3 victory at No. 6 singles and teamed with Laura Fernandez for an 8-6 win at No. 3 doubles.