• On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at approximately 10:52 a.m. the Charlevoix County Sheriff’s Office, along with the Charlevoix EMS, and Charlevoix Township Fire Department, were dispatched to a single vehicle personal injury accident on Spayde Road near Barnard Road in Marion Township.
1 2016 Kenworth propane truck owned by Ellsworth Farmers Exchange pulled into a private drive to make a delivery. The edge of the private drive collapsed causing the truck to enter the ditch and rollover.
The 51 year old driver of the truck was identified as Herbert Adams McGuire of East Jordan. He was transported to Munson Healthcare Charlevoix Hospital by Charlevoix EMS with minor injuries.
Alcohol and drugs do not appear to be a factor in the accident, which is still under investigation.
• On Monday, September 12, 2016 at approximately 6:40 pm, the Charlevoix County Sheriff’s Office and the City of Charlevoix EMS responded to a vehicle vs. pedestrian accident on Old Orchard Road in Charlevoix Township.
Devin Post, a 34 year old Charlevoix resident, was turning off North Country Club Drive onto Old Orchard Drive on his bicycle when he failed to stop at a stop sign and was struck by a 2005 Buick SUV, driven by Travis Murray, a 32 year old Charlevoix resident.
The vehicle was traveling Eastbound on Old Orchard when it encountered the cyclist, who was transported to the Munson Healthcare Charlevoix Hospital where he was treated for his injuries.
This accident remains under investigation.
• On September 9, 2016 at approximately 3:51 p.m., the Charlevoix County Sheriff’s Office on Beaver Island was dispatched to the area of Forest Ave near King’s Highway for a person who backed over by a golf cart.
The driver of the golf cart, 71 year old Ron Stipp of Beaver Island, backed over 76 year old Suzie Fisher, also of Beaver Island, just after she exited the golf cart. The golf cart was rolling downhill when Stipp put his vehicle in reverse, not seeing Fisher and knocking her over.
Fisher suffered injuries to her neck, back, and ankle. She was transported to McLaren Northern Michigan Hospital in Petoskey for her injuries.
Speed and alcohol are not believed to be a factor in the accident, which remains under investigation.
• On Friday, September 9, 2016 at approximately 4:40 p.m., the Charlevoix County Sheriff’s Office along with the Boyne City Police Department, Boyne Valley EMS and Fire, and Boyne City EMS responded to a report of a two vehicle crash on M-75 S. near Deer Lake Road in Boyne Valley Township. The caller reported two people were trapped in the vehicle with one injured.
A 2016 GMC Terrain driven by 32 year old Amanda Baker of Indian River was traveling Southeast on M-75 South near Deer Lake Rd. when a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu, which was being driven by 20 year old Ashlee Vanderhoof of Cheboygan, was traveling Northwest on M-75 S. and attempted to make a left-hand turn into a private drive, but did not see Baker’s vehicle in the oncoming lane and turned in front of her.
Baker had no time to avoid the collision and crashed into the front passenger side door area of Vanderhoof’s car where 20 year old Constance Rosinski of Petoskey was seated.
Rosinski had to be extricated from the vehicle by the Boyne Valley EMS & Fire department and was transported to McLaren Northern Michigan Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Vanderhoof was transported to McLaren Northern Michigan Hospital as a precaution. Baker was released at the scene.
Drugs and alcohol were not believed to be a factor in the crash, which remains under investigation.
• On August 20, 2016 at approximately 12:14 hours, the Charlevoix County Sheriff’s Office, as well as Boyne Valley Fire and Ambulance, were dispatched to an ORV personal injury accident on the seasonal portion of Addis Road, South of Dam Road in Boyne Valley Township.
The investigation determined that Beatrice Groday, age 49 of Boyne City, was traveling Southbound on Addis Road in a 2016 Polaris Side-by-Side, when she braked suddenly for a Northbound 2004 Chevrolet Suburban being driven by Timothy Evan, age 33 also of Boyne City.
Grody lost control of the ORV on the gravel road and went off the roadway to the right, striking a series of small trees. The side-by-side then struck the front corner of the Suburban.
Grody complained of chest and neck pain and was transported to McLaren Northern Michigan Hospital by Boyne Valley Ambulance. The driver of the Suburban was not injured. Alcohol and drugs were not a factor in this accident.
• On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at approximately 4:36 a.m., the Charlevoix County Sheriff’s Office responded to a one vehicle personal injury accident which occurred on Boyne City East Jordan Road near Pearsall Road in Wilson Township.
20 year old Ryan Carson of Boyne City was traveling Eastbound on Boyne City East Jordan Road in a 2001 Ford F-150 pickup truck. The vehicle left the roadway to the left, struck a culvert, went airborn then struck a mailbox and highway sign post, rolled over at least twice, struck a large pine tree and then came to rest in the Westbound ditch.
Carson fled the scene on foot, but was quickly located by a Deputy. He was transported to Munson Healthcare Charlevoix Hospital by the Jordan Valley EMS Authority where he was treated for minor injuries.
The Sheriff’s Office was assisted at the scene by the Jordan Valley EMS Authority and the East Jordan Fire Department.
This accident is still under investigation, however, alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash.