The following cases were recently heard in Charlevoix’s 90th District Court:
• Vernon Joseph Robert, 29 of Bellaire, retail fraud, second degree. To serve 365 days in jail with credit for 19 days served, 185 days with electronic monitor, 346 days held in abeyance. To pay $89.98 in restitution.
• Gary Steven McSawby, 62 of Charlevoix, disorderly person/drunk. To serve 9 days in jail with credit for 12 days served, 23 days held in abeyance.
• Charles Kenneth Sieradski, 20 of Alanson, impaired driving. To serve 93 days in jail with credit for one day served, three days community service work in lieu of jail time, 89 days held in abeyance. To be placed on probation for six months, submit to PBT/drug testing as required, not to consume alcohol or controlled substances. To pay $725 in fines and costs.
• Matthew Anthony Poole, 24 of Boyne City, operating a motor vehicle without security. To pay $425 in fines and costs.
• Kelly Joanne Dustin, 24 of East Jordan, disorderly person. To pay $350 in fines and costs.
The following people applied for marriage licenses with the Charlevoix County Clerk’s Office:
Joseph Lloyd Butterfield, 51 of Morley, Mich. and Maxine Marie Kayner, 50 of East Jordan.
Paul Earl Shafer II, 27 and Kiesha Marie Fuller, 25, both of East Jordan
Aaron William Hagen, 27 and Madison Lynn Ramsey, 28, both of Charlevoix
Logan Matthew VanAlstine, 20 and Elizabeth Ann Anderson, 35, both of Boyne City
The following businesses have filed an assumed name in Charlevoix County:
A-Beautiful Nail & Spa Salon by Tuong Chi Nguye+-n at 211 South Lake Street in Boyne City
Murray’s Bar & Grill by Emily Alyce Murray Enterprises, Ltd at 115 Main Street in East Jordan
Matchett Sheep Farm by Timothy, Isaac, and Noah Matchett at 01362 Matchett Road in Charlevoix
Boyne Citizen by Jeremy McBain, Doug Caldwell, and Michelle Harrington at 319 State Street in Petoskey
Sage Designs by Jesse Turnidge at 3661 Korthase Road in Boyne City
The following cases were recently heard in Charlevoix’s 33rd Circuit Court:
• Teresa Ann Nachazel, 43 of East Jordan, attempted obstruction of justice. To serve 90 days in jail with credit for one day served. To pay $808 in fines and costs.
• Anna Lee Berry, 36 of Petoskey, operating while intoxicated. To serve 150 days to one year in jail with credit for 100 days served. To pay $1,126 in fines and costs.
The following people were recently granted a divorce in Charlevoix County:
Chrissy Jo Vancise vs. Monty Lee Vancise
Marietta Elizabeth Fiel vs. Jeffrey Fiel