• Kylie Hicks (Boyne City 2014) is an alternate for the 4×400-meter relay for the NCAA Division II No. 4 Grand Valley State University women’s indoor track and field program and the quartet secured a provisional-qualifying performance to compete at the Division II Indoor Track and Field Championships that was recorded at home in the GVSU Bob Eubanks Open on Jan. 15 in Allendale.
In the competition, the relay achieved a first-place effort with a season-best time of 3 minutes, 50.42 seconds to capture the No. 8 seed among Division II in the event.
The top eight finishers in each event at the national championships collect All-American accolades.
Individually at the GVSU Bob Eubanks Open, Hicks added a fifth in the 400-meter dash (59.52 seconds) and eighth in the 200-meter dash (27 seconds).
• Zach Hankins (Charlevoix 2014) delivered game highs in rebounds (11) and blocks (six) to lead the Ferris State University men’s basketball program (14-3) in an 83-76 victory at Northwood University (10-6) on Jan. 21 in Midland.
In the competition, the sophomore followed by adding five points, one assist and one steal.
For the season, he’s compiled 5.3 points and 3.9 rebounds per game.
• Corey Redman (Boyne City 2015) secured an appearance at guard for Central Michigan University (9-9) in a 74-61 loss at the University of Buffalo (9-8) on Jan. 16 in Buffalo, New York.
For the season, the freshman’s totaled 2.9 points and 1.7 rebounds per game.
• Jay Redman (Boyne City 2012) contributed three points, three assists and one rebound at guard for Lawrence Tech University (4-17) in a 77-74 loss at Marygrove College (3-18) on Jan. 20 in Detroit.
For the season, the senior’s tallied 4.4 points and 1.5 rebounds per game.
• Josh Puroll (Boyne Falls 2012) has compiled 1.5 points per game at forward for Lawrence Tech University.
In the senior’s most recent effort, he hauled in one rebound in a 68-64 loss at home to Holy Cross College (11-10) on Dec. 29 in Southfield.
MEN’S INDOOR TRACK AND FIELD
• Eric Buday (Charlevoix 2011) is a fifth-year senior and middle distance runner for Michigan State University, which secured victory among the field of eight teams at the Grand Valley State University Bob Eubanks Open on Jan. 15 in Allendale. He did not compete.
For his career, Buday holds a personal best in the 800-meter run of 1 minute, 54.67 seconds.
• Winter Romeyn (Ellsworth 2015) is a freshman distance runner for Michigan State University.
In the fall, he competed for the MSU cross country program and posted a personal-best effort on 5,000-meter courses of 16:18.9.
• Tevin Larmond (Boyne City 2013) captured fifth in the 60-meter dash (7.2 seconds) and seventh in the 200-meter dash (22.88 seconds) at the Saginaw Valley State University Classic for Spring Arbor University on Jan. 15 in University Center.
The meet was not scored.
On Jan. 22, Larmond followed by clinching fourth in the 60-meter dash (7.13 seconds) and 200-meter dash (23.18 seconds) at the Aquinas College Quad No. 2 for SAU in a fourth-place finish among the field.
• Andrew Plude (Charlevoix 2012) is a senior distance runner for Saginaw Valley State University, which competed at home in the SVSU Doug Hansen Open on Jan. 23 in University Center.
He did not compete, and the meet was not scored.
For his career, he holds personal bests in the 1,500-meter and 800-meter run of 4:03.75 and 1:59.19, respectively.
• Nick Plude (Charlevoix 2015) is a freshman distance runner for Saginaw Valley State University.
• Tristan Rudolph (Charlevoix 2014) secured runner-up in the mile at home in the Aquinas College Quad No. 2 with a time of 4 minutes, 40.09 seconds for Aquinas in a second-place finish among the field of five teams on Jan. 20 in Grand Rapids.
• Rainey McCune (Boyne City 2014) contributed nine points, four assists, four steals and three rebounds at guard for National Junior College Athletic Association Division II No. 5 Schoolcraft College (17-1) in a 70-51 victory at Mott Community College (6-10) on Jan. 16 in Flint.
For the season, the sophomore’s totaled 6.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game.
WOMEN’S INDOOR TRACK & FIELD
• Kayla Keane (East Jordan 2015) is a freshman distance runner for No. 14 University of Michigan, which competed at the Kent State University Doug Raymond Invitational on Jan. 16 in Kent, Ohio.
She did not compete and the meet was not scored.
In the fall, she contributed a personal-best effort on 5,000-meter courses of 17 minutes, 39 seconds for the UM cross country program.
• Molly Jeakle (Charlevoix 2012) is a redshirt junior and distance runner for No. 19 Michigan State University, which captured runner-up among the field of 18 teams at the Grand Valley State University Bob Eubanks Open on Jan. 15 in Allendale.
She did not compete.
For her career, she holds personal bests in the 1,500-meter run and 800-meter run of 4 minutes, 33.29 seconds and 2:17.53, respectively.
• Amber Way (Charlevoix 2015) will contribute in distance events for Michigan State University after competing with the No. 17 Spartans cross country program at the NCAA Division I National Championships in the fall.
During the cross country season, the freshman collected a personal-best effort on 6,000-meter courses of 20:59.
• Kaleigh Beard (East Jordan 2012) is a senior thrower for Spring Arbor University, which secured third among the field of five teams at the Aquinas College Quad No. 2 in Jan. 22 in Grand Rapids.
She did not compete.
For her career, she’s tallied personal bests in the hammer throw and shot put of 98 feet, 1.5 inches and 29-0, respectively.
• Caroline Boss (Charlevoix 2014) collected sixth in the 800-meter run at the Grand Valley State University Open with a time of 2:21.14 for Calvin College in a third-place finish among the field of seven teams on Jan. 22 in Allendale.