From Feb. 12 – 14, Boyne City will celebrate everything chocolate and everything winter with events taking place downtown and in Old City Park.
The combined event will have something for everyone with kids games in the park, kids activities at the library, horse drawn wagon rides, bonfires with marshmallow roasting and s’mores, hot chocolate, a chili cook off sponsored by Coldwell Banker, a Chocolate Dessert Contest featuring ultimate chocolate creations from 10 of our local restaurants, snowshoeing, sledding, skating and cross country skiing in Avalanche Park, and chocolate specials and sales offered by many downtown businesses.
The event will kick off Friday evening Feb. 12 at Café Sante with a Fat Friday Party Gras Celebration from 3 – 10 p.m. In case you missed Fat Tuesday, they will have Happy Hour Drink Specials, Entertainment, Mask and Bead Contests and more, with 10% of food sales benefiting The Last River Draw Logger Sculpture project.
Saturday kicks off with the ultimate chocolate breakfast at Café Sante from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., featuring Chocolate Cherry French Toast: Brioche bread, tart cherries, warm chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Children’s Activities at the Library
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Children’s Games in Old City Park
11:00 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Bon Fire and marshmallows/ s’mores in Old city Park sponsored by Habitat For Humanity
11a.m. – 2 p.m. – Horse Drawn Wagon Rides from Old City Park
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 pm –Hot Chocolate in Old City Park Hosted Family Fare
1 – 2 pm – Chocolate Dessert Contest held at Fustini’s Oils and Vinegars, featuring chocolate creations from 10 local chefs, including the Boyne City Culinary Arts Program. Stop in and try them all.
2 p.m. Guided cross country skiing excursion at Young State Park with Jack Laurent
3 p.m. – 4 p.m. – Chili Cook Off sponsored by Coldwell Banker Real Estate, featuring dozens of delectable entries that you don’t want to miss
4 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Complimentary wine tasting at The Wine Emporium
All Day. Avalanche Park activities include skating, sledding, horseshoeing, fat tire biking and cross country skiing. The warming house is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. with skates and sleds available for use.
“Throughout the day on Saturday, our businesses will offer many great sales and chocolate treats. We are hoping to include a scavenger hunt on Saturday that will keep people guessing on where to go to find the next clue,” said Karen Guzniczak, co-chair of the event.
Sunday, Feb. 14, Café Sante will again offer the ultimate chocolate breakfast from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., featuring Chocolate Cherry French Toast: Brioche bread, tart cherries, warm chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
The Festival will wrap up with a Concert at FreshWater Gallery at 8 p.m. starring Carla Cooke on Sunday.
“We are adding events every day and will have a full line up of all of the business specials and discounts, updated events and activities,” said Linn Williams, founder of Chocolate Covered Boyne.
For the latest schedule of events, go to www.boynechamber.com or e-mail email@example.com.
Boyne City will be full of fun and chocolate this Valentine’s Day weekend: Friday Feb. 12, Saturday Feb. 13 and Sunday Feb. 14.
Chocolate-Covered Boyne will celebrate chocolate and romance at many local businesses.
Organizers expect this year’s 9th annual event will be sweeter and livelier than ever.
Here is a list of participating businesses and details of their chocolatey offerings:
• 4Front Credit Union – Valentines candy, 9 to 5 on Friday.
• 52 Weekends – Enter and win our Valentine’s gift basket, full of your favorites from out store. Play along with us and enjoy delicious homemade chocolaty treats on Friday and Saturday.
• Alpine Chocolat Haus – Chocolate samples + 30% off all items in our display case.
• Barrel Back Restaurant of Walloon Lake – featuring chocolate drinks for Valentine’s weekend.
• Boyne City Hardware – 25% off all sleds, toboggans and snow tubes during Winterfest Weekend, as well as in-store sales in our Clearance Bin.
• Boyne Co-op True Value – Free Valentine treats for Fido and 20% off Winter Hats.
• Boyne Country Antiques on M75 north of Boyne City – Free chocolate treats Saturday and Sunday, and up to 25% off everything in the store all weekend.
• Boyne River Inn – German Chocolate Cake Cocktail and Fiery Hot Cocoa.
• Boyne Trading Company – Take 40% off Boyne Trading signature screened & embroidered merchandise. Save 25% on Vera Bradley, Life is Good and other specialty brands. Goodies will be served. Extended hours for Winterfest Weekend: Friday & Saturday 10am to 8pm, Sunday 11am to 4pm.
• Cafe Sante – Saturday & Sunday 8 a.m. -3 p.m.: Chocolate Hazelnut FrenchToast. 8 a.m. – close: Chocolate Pot de Crème, Chocolate Torte, Chocolate Mousse with Raspberries. Drink Features will be Chocolate Raspberry Martini, Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Beer.
• CindiFranco’s Cool Stuff – Chocolate Rice Krispy Treats and champagne.
• Coldwell Banker Real Estate – Don’t miss our Chili Cook-off on Saturday afternoon.
• Country Now and Then/Up The Lazy River – Chocolate treats.
• en vogue Salon – Spa Pedicure ($60 value) for the price of a regular Pedicure ($40), served with chocolate tea and chocolate treats.
• Eyes on Main – Chocolate treats, Friday only.
• Family Video – Purchase any Nestle or Wonka candy and enter a drawing for a $500 MasterCard Gift Card.
• Fifth Third Bank – Hot chocolate on Friday 9am-6pm / Saturday 9am-12pm
• Fiji Salon & Spa – Chocolate massage, chocolate pedicures and chocolate treats and flowers for our clients.
• First Merit Bank – Oreo truffles and other chocolate treats, Friday only.
• Freshwater Art Gallery – Valentine’s Day concert, 7 p.m. Carla Cooke presents the songs of her father, Sam Cooke. 582-2588 for tickets.
• Fustini’s Oils and Vinegars – Blood orange sugar cookies with a white chocolate strawberry frosting. Special offer Friday and Saturday only, we will be giving away two 2-piece pour spouts with every purchase of 2 bottles or more.
• Grain Train – Free coffee plus chocolate samples and a Chocolate Lovers Gift Basket to raffle on Friday and Saturday.
• I Love Boyne City Store – Chocolate treats and buy one/get one half off sale.
• inspired iiving – 25% off all chocolate teas and anything red or pink (or with red or pink on it … no matter how small!) in the store.
• Local Flavor Bookstore – Friday, Feb. 12. the Boyne Literary Troop (BLT) will be hosting their coffeehouse held at Local Flavor from 6-8 p.m. They will be presenting “The News from Charlevoix County” in an open mic setting. Friday and Saturday – 40% off all used Romance and Mystery books. We will be featuring Frozen Hot Chocolate; Raspberry Mocha Latte; Amaretto Truffle Mocha drinks and introducing our new “Layered Triple Chocolate Mousse” dessert, free samples while they last.
• Little Caesars Pizza – Purchase a deep dish bacon wrapped pizza and get a Crazy Combo for $1 (a value of $3).
• Lynda’s Real Estate Service– Chocolate-covered Rice Krispies houses.
• Mary’s of Boyne – 30-70% off winter apparel and special sale racks. Spend $50 to enter a drawing for $25 gift certificate toward your new Spring apparel purchase.
• Pat O’Brien & Associates – Chocolate covered potato chips and pretzels, Friday only.
• Parkside Grill & Treats – 10% off all Whiteouts Saturday and 50-cent ice cream sandwiches all weekend.
• Peninsula Boutique – Entire store: buy one get one half off (equal or lesser value), Friday-Sunday.
• Porter Creek Fish House – On Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 13-14, we are offering a 3-Course Dinner for two off our special Valentine’s Day Menu. Share an appetizer, choose two entrees and two desserts for just $35 each. Top it off with a glass of champagne or one of our drink specials and you have the makings of a memorable evening. For reservations, call 231-582-7080.
• Radio Shack – Chocolate treats Friday and Saturday.
• Red Mesa Grill – Chocolate Coffee Brownie with homemade milk caramel and chocolate coconut margarita.
• Thick ‘N’ Juicy Diner – Two of our fresh pattied ⅓-pound burgers and two chocolate shakes served in Chocolate-Covered Boyne souvenir glass mugs for $14.
• Upsy-Daisy Floral – Assorted chocolate treats.
• Wine Emporium & Boyne Country Provisions – Complimentary in-store beer tasting from 4-7 p.m. Friday featuring Perrin Brewing Company.
Also our regular weekly complimentary wine tasting from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
Featured photo by ©Jinyoung Lee | Dreamstime Stock Photos