Please plan to attend our Friday, Oct. 2 community workshop on “Recovery Oriented Systems of Care (ROSC): Promoting Recovery from Addictions in Northwest Lower Michigan.”
This workshop is open to all who are concerned and interested in addressing substance abuse issues in our communities.
Michael Flaherty PhD, Clinical Psychologist, from Pennsylvania will be our workshop leader.
Workshop participants will:
• learn about ROSC and how it differs from traditional treatment approaches,
• be involved in defining recovery for our community,
• learn about efforts in the region toward quality services,
• be involved in establishing new principles of care for our community,
• identify the roles of peers, families and communities in ROSC,
• learn about Recovery Coaches in our area,
• have an opportunity to encourage policy makers and others to help fund these efforts, and
• help to establish goals for our local area about future efforts and activities.
The workshop goes from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday Oct. 2 and the cost will be $10, which will include lunch on-site at the Charlevoix Public Library Conference Rooms.
If you would like continuing education units (CEU’s) for social workers or addiction professionals, you can pay an additional $10 in your registration and get 5.5 hours of continuing education credits.
The Charlevoix Alano Club, BASES, Charlevoix Hospital, Harbor Hall and Sue Hoffman Clinical Social Worker are working together to bring this much-needed workshop to our local area.
Participation will be limited to 75 people.
This workshop is supported by a grant from the Charlevoix County Community Foundation.
To learn more about this workshop and to register, please visit: www.BASESTeenCenter.org/ROSC.htm where you can sign up with a credit card or send in your registration information to BASES at 208 West Lincoln, Charlevoix, MI 49720. Or you can call BASES at 547-1144 for more information.