The Boyne City Main Street Program kicks off its 12th year of music and fun downtown with Stroll the Streets from 6-9 p.m. on Friday June 12.
Each summer Friday evening, a variety of music—from rock-n-roll and jazz to bluegrass and traditional folk—will fill downtown Boyne City.
The event also includes refreshments, street performers, and more!
“It’s great entertainment for people to enjoy walking around downtown,” said Karen Guzniczak, owner of Country Now and Then and organizer of Stroll the Streets. “It’s a great entertainment and the business owners are all welcoming people coming downtown and it’s just a great experience to come and enjoy.”
Along with the kick-off of Stroll the Streets is the new Boyne City downtown historical walking tour and other events this weekend.
The Stroll Through History self-guided walking tour will include over 50 stops featuring the rich history of Boyne City’s downtown.
A printed brochure will be available as well as online content with additional photos, narrative and audio options.
Those wishing to take the tour will be able to download an app on their smartphones or tablets to see each featured building and access the information.
In addition to the self-guided tour, everyone is invited to visit the historic Wolverine-Dilworth Hotel at 7 p.m. Friday June 12, for guided tours, following a re-enactment of one of Teddy Roosevelt’s famous speeches.
In addition to the wide variety of music for Stroll the Streets, there will be people dressed in period clothing, and there will also be vintage cars and tractors, horse and wagon tours and other highlights from the past.
On Saturday, June 13, a vintage base ball game between the Petoskey Mossbacks and the Ludington Mariners will take place at Rotary Park at 1:30 p.m., complete with period uniforms.
To round out the Stroll Through History weekend, an ice-cream social will take place on the veranda of the Dilworth Hotel at 3:30 p.m.
On Monday, June 15, Back to the Bricks Classic Car Show will take place downtown from 3 to 8 p.m.
More info at 582-9009 or www.boynecitymainstreet.com
Boyne City Main Street’s Stroll The Streets Summer Lineup
• June 12 – Billy Thacher, Frontiers Men, Jania Taylor, Loud Mouth Soup, Rustic Heart, The Pistil Whips and Tongue Punch
• June 19 – Charlie & Gerald Millard, Duck Soup, John Lucero, Kellerville, She-Bop And The Riff Raff, TNT and Twister Joe
• June 26 – Awesome Distraction, Genesis Church, Kirby Snively, Kowalske Family Band*, Lance Boughner, Natural Reaction, Sunshine String Band and Twister Joe
• July 3 – Billy Thacher, Cisco, Harbor Hoedown, Kowalske Family Band*, Lisa Richey, Northern Nites, Shady Hill, Twister Joe and Whisky Creek
• July 10 – (Boyne Thunder) – Collaboration Station, Craig Cottrill Band, Horton Creek, Kowalske Family Band*, Michigan Stilt Walker, Rum Boogie, Stephen D And The Keys and Sweet Water Blues Band
• July 17 – Amber Thechel, Bob Greenway, Doug Thomas, Kellerville, Kowalske Family Band*, Pine River Jazz, Spectrum and Twister Joe
• July 24 – Dagtopia, Don Judd And Friends, Don Rivers And Jim, Kowalske Family Band*, Medicine Bell,The Marsupials and Twister Joe
• July 31 – Blue Shadow Band, Bob Greenway, Jon Archambault Band, Kowalske Family Band*, Loose Change, Twister Joe and Wooden Nickels
• Aug. 7 – Bad Dog Bites, Billy Thacher, Edjomb, Kowalske Family Band*, Scott And Mary Paquette, Sky And Signal, Twister Joe, and Wyatt And Shari Knapp
• Aug. 14 – Karen Brooks, Key Players, Keith Scott, Kowalske Family Band*, Realeyez, Smith And Puroll, TNT and Twister Joe
• Aug. 21 – Don Rivers And Jim, East Port, 45 North, Kowalske Family Band*, Melissa Welke, Randy Reska And John Riemer, Pine Lake Winds and Twister Joe
• Aug. 28 – Adolph Cwik, Full Circle, Kowalske Family Band *, 2Nd Time Around, Straight Forward Bluegrass Band, Sunshine String Band, The Vermeers and Tommy Tropics
• Sept.4 – (Labor Day Car Show) Horton Creek, James Greenway, Jon Archambault Band, Kenny Thompson, Kowaslke Family Band*, Northern Nites and Twister Joe
*Kowalkse Family Band subject to availability weekly
The Kowalkse Family Band will not be playing the first two weeks of the Stroll the Streets.