Speed, excitement and smiles return to Northern Michigan for the 11th annual Boyne Thunder Poker Run on July 11 and 12, in beautiful Boyne City.
This unique boating event showcases high performance boats slicing through the waters of Lake Charlevoix and Lake Michigan on a 150-mile excursion.
In addition to a great event in a beautiful area, what has made Boyne Thunder special is that it donates a significant portion of its proceeds to two local non-profits: Camp Quality, an organization that provides special experiences and support for children with cancer; and Challenge Mountain, an organization dedicated to enriching and improving lives for the mentally and physically challenged through outdoor recreation.
Since it began, Boyne Thunder has raised more than $265,000 for Camp Quality.
Champagne Cruise—The best seats in the house to watch the Boyne Thunder Poker Run Saturday, July 12, on Lake Charlevoix. Come aboard one of the yachts, generously donated for the day by area boat owners.
Once aboard, you will be served beverages and hors d’oeurves while you cruise about Lake Charlevoix, viewing all of the action from your vantage on the water. Your yacht will join up with all of the other Champagne boats for a “raft off.”
The party continues with boat-hopping visits between guests of all the participating boats.
It’s your own chance to see these racers up close and personal, as the Poker Run boats come right past for their final card stop!
All of this for just a $100 donation/per person to Camp Quality Michigan. 100 percent of the proceeds help provide year-round activities for kids with cancer, ages 4-18.
Friday July 11
• All day – Watch the Offshore Thunder boats arrive at the Boyne City Marina
• 1 p.m. – Thunder boat ride for Camp Quality Michigan Kids
• 6 p.m. – Stroll the Streets
• 6 p.m. – Dinner for boaters at Veterans Park
• 8:30 p.m. – Stereo Wars, Boyne City Marina
Saturday July 12
• 8 a.m. – Farmers Market at Peninsula Beach
• 9:30 a.m. – View the first of three parade laps from Veterans Park
• 11:30 a.m. – Champagne Cruise begins aboard luxury yacht; features hors d’oeurves, beverages and chance to greet boaters at final card stop; Tickets are $100. Call Jeff at 582-2400 to make reservations
• 2-4:30 p.m. – Boaters’ Reception at Sommerset Pointe; Tickets are only $10. This is a great chance to see the boats and enjoy an afternoon at this wonderful development on Lake Charlevoix.
• 7 p.m. – Thunder Feast by the Lake and Benefit Auction
For more information about Boyne Thunder, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Boyne City Main Street office at 582-9009.
Contact Camp Quality Executive Director Kristyn Balog at 582-2471 and Challenge Mountain Executive Director Elizabeth Gertz Looze at 582-1186 or email her at email@example.com.