• Collin Hewitt (Harbor Light Christian 2011) contributed 10 points and one steal for Spring Arbor (5-9) in an 87-77 loss at Arizona Christian (11-1) on Dec. 16 in Phoenix.
On Dec. 7, the junior added three points and three rebounds in a 77-67 loss in a Crossroads League game at Bethel College (11-2, 2-1 CL) in Mishawaka, Ind.
For the season, he tallies 2.21 points-per-game.
On Dec. 31, SAU will resume play Siena Heights (5-8) in Adrian, Mich.
• Tanner McCune (East Jordan 2012) continues to provide offensive versality for Oakland Community College, tallying a team-leading 10.0 points-per-game to complement 4.7 rebounds-per-game.
On Dec. 7, she collected 13 points and two steals in an 80-49 loss at Monroe College (8-7) on Dec. 7 in Rochester, N.Y.
On Nov. 25, she added eight points and six rebounds in a 72-58 loss at Jackson College (3-6) in Jackson.
OCC will resume competition at the Lakeland Classic on Dec. 29 in Mattoon, Ill.
• Jay Redman (Boyne City 2012) continues to be an offensive catalyst for Lawrence Tech, who hold a record of 3-10 complemented with a 1-6 mark in Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference play.
On Nov. 30, the sophomore guard provided seven points and two assists in a 69-60 loss at Indiana University South Bend (6-8) in South Bend, Ind.
On Dec. 12, he added six points and six assists in a 103-102 loss at home against Olivet College (2-5) in Southfield.
In his most recent game, he collected six points and three rebounds in a 67-51 loss at Siena Hieghts (5-8, 2-5 WHAC) on Dec. 14 in Adrian.
For the season, he totals 6.69 points-per-game, 2.15 rebounds-per-contest and 1.92 assists-per-game.
On Dec. 25, LTU will resume competition at home against Northwestern Ohio (9-4, 5-2 WHAC).
• Josh Puroll (Boyne Falls 2012) has also been an offensive threat for LTU, compiling 4.46 points-per-contest and 3.85 rebounds-per-game.
Against OC, he tallied eight points, four rebounds and three assists.
The sophomore forward added six points and two rebounds against IUSB and five points against SHU.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Eric Buday (Charlevoix 2011) enters his junior year as a middle distance specialist for Michigan State, who will open the season at the Grand Valley State Open on Jan. 10 in Allendale.
During the 2013 outdoor season, he posted a collegiate personal record of 1 minutes, 56.7 seconds in the 800-meter run.
• Luke Hawley (East Jordan 2012) placed seventh in the 600 at the Grand Valley State Holiday Open with a time of 1:26.54 for Acquinas College on Dec. 14 in Allendale.
To provisionally qualify for the NAIA Indoor Track and Field Championships, the sophomore will have the remainder of the season to contribute a time of 1:23.15 or better.
On Jan. 10, AC will resume competition at Calvin College in Grand Rapids.
• Andrew Plude (Charlevoix 2012) provided a collegiate personal best to place seventh in the 800 with a time of 2:01.19 at the Saginaw Valley Holiday Classic for SVSU on Dec. 6 in Saginaw.
In the competition, he added a fourth with the 4×400 relay (3:40.48).
On Jan. 17, the Cardinals will host the Doug Hansen Open.
• Tevin Larmond (Boyne City 2012) enters his sophomore season as a sprinter for Spring Arbor, who open at the Mike Lintz Alumni Meet on Jan. 17 in Grand Rapids.
• Emily Veenstra (Ellsworth 2012) scored two points for Calvin College (6-3) in a 103-81 loss at Illinois Wesleyan (5-4) on Dec. 19 in Bloomington, Ill.
For the season, she holds a scoring average of 1.6.
On Dec. 27, CC will resume competition against Marygrove (2-10) in Grand Rapids.
• Mary Myers (Boyne City 2013) tallies 3.2 rebounds-per-game and 2.2 points-per-game for Alpena Community College, who holds a record of 3-4.
On Dec. 7, the freshman hauled in three rebounds in a 78-49 loss at home against Sault College (2-8) in Alpena.
On Jan. 4, ACC will compete at St. Clair Community College in Port Huron.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Molly Jeakle (Charlevoix 2012) will enter her sophomore year as a distance runner for Michigan State, who will open the season at the Grand Valley State Open on Jan. 10 in Allendale.
In the fall, she competed for the cross country program and tallied a personal best of 18:15 in the 5,000.
• Alex Cannon (Petoskey 2010) holds a 4-4 record for Wesleyan this season in the 157-pound weight class through two competitions.
On Jan. 4, the Charlevoix native and WU will resume competition at the Wrestling at the Williams Invitational in Williamson, Mass.